Thursday, July 28, 2011

Halla Mountain Climb, Jeju Island


Day1/2 Gwaneumsa Campsite-Halla Mountain
It's 5:30 and I wake up by the songs of crows, insects and songbirds. It's quite a chorus of praise. Last night was calm and silent. It was as if they knew when to rest. I'm reminded this morning in Psalms 33:6 "By the word of the Lord the heavens were made. Their starry host by the breath of His mouth." As I head up the mountain may I be in awe of the beauty of your creation. May it strengthen my muscles to press forward and climb on. May I be thankful for the many blessings of grace and kindness poured on me daily. May I truly seek my heart today and know the One who knows me by my name.

"May your unfailing love be with us as we put our hope in you." Psalms 33:22


Finally accomplished my hike up Mt. Halla. Gwaneumsa Trail was difficult especially with a 20 pound backpack. But four and a half hours later, I reached the peak. One of my favorite scenes in this trail was a majestic mountain. It was cloudy when I arrived at the shelter. But the clouds rolled back and I had the opportunity to see its grandeur and majesty. Wow! What a site! My energy regained. I'm ready to reach the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment